2. THE BIG BANG THEORY: Bangs are sexy. Heavy fringe, wispy bits, sideswept, graduated – it doesn’t matter.
3. THE ‘DO THAT WON'T DIE: It’s long, it’s shiny, it’s parted in the center, and it’s straight.
4. THE RETURN OF CURLS: 2011 was the year calling all curly girls to set down the flat iron and come out to play.
|Alexa Ray Joel|
6. HOLLYWOOD RETRO: The award show season and movie premieres always seems to bring out someone’s “Hollywood Retro” tendencies.
|Evan Rachel Wood|
7. THE PONY TAIL: It was high, it was low, it was messy, it was controlled – and it was everywhere, not just the gym.
8. THE HALF-DOWN UP-DO: This style has always been a personal favorite – like bangs, it is an inherently sexy, just-rolled-out-of-bed look that seems artlessly undone, even though it takes a lot of work to make it look so haphazard.
9. BOHO BRAIDS: There were celebrities sporting braids in 2011 than any kindergarten playground. Braided bangs, mini braids, fishtails, braided up-dos…you name it.
|Rag & Bone runway|
10. THE SEXY PIXIE: There were plenty of pixies to pick from in 2011, but the haircut heard round the world was Emma Watson’s snip after she wrapped the last “Harry Potter” film.